Hi! I’m Rachel Karnitz, the School Counselor at Red Rock Central Schools. I am responsible for a lot of different things in my position as a counselor, but my most important role at the school is to help students succeed – academically, socially and emotionally. I have the unique job of working with all students K-12. I love seeing students grow from year to year.
The best part about my job is that I get to do a variety of things each day. On a regular day, I might be playing a game with an elementary student, showing a new student their locker, helping a senior with college applications, or talking with a parent. Each moment is important in different ways.
- I grew up in New Ulm, MN
- I received my Bachelor’s degree from the University of MN, Morris
- I received my Master’s degree from Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Growing up, I always wanted to be a veterinarian, but couldn’t stand the idea of blood and guts
- I LOVE to read!
- I enjoy spending my free time with my family and pets
- My favorite food is pizza – with all the toppings
I look forward to getting to know you and your student! Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns that you have.